Monday, April 4, 2011

SERVICE!

Yesterday, some of my ward members and I went around my home ward collecting items to send to Japan.  It was so much fun...seriously we had a blast!  We're collecting shoes, teddybears/stuffed animals, and pillowcases (to make dresses for little girls). It is such wonderful opportunity to serve and has been such an incredible blessing for me.  It requires a lot of time and work, but it is definitely worth it.  I have had a lot of support and help from family and friends and I appreciate it so much!  Thanks you guys! It was so perfect to hear many messages on service and humanitarian during the conference sessions yesterday and Saturday.  And like Elder Eyring said, both the people who do acts of service and receive service are blessed.  I have seen so many blessings in my life sense beginning this project, and even more exciting is the fact that in only 12 days, these items will start being distributed to the wonderful people in Japan!  Tonight we'll be putting the names of the people who donated on the back of a paper that has "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" written on it, and attaching them to each item.  
So many people in the ward have offered to help, and I'm so thankful to them because we got so many bags full of donations!  I'll take pictures of course, but there's nothing like actually being a part of something good.  It's all I can talk about and I tell everyone about it because it makes me so happy and so excited, I just can't hold it in!  I wanted to post this before tonight so that we could have a before and after event, so be prepared for a lot more to come!




1 comment:

  1. Good job Jana! Those projects always take so much longer than expected, but you did it and I'm proud of you. You ended up with so much stuff, it will definitely bless a lot of lives.

    ReplyDelete